Occasionally, we feel the need to mix things up. Something as simple as a new hair colour can give us a fresh outlook on life. Regrettably, most hair dyes are loaded with toxic chemical elements. If you’re looking to change up your do, try one of these natural hair dye formulas instead!
Tea works best with your natural hair colour. It’s not very resilient, so you won’t be able to turn your blonde hair brown. But black tea is flawless for going a little darker or covering grey hairs. Chamomile tea can be used on blonde hair, while rooibos can be used for red hair. Here’s exactly how:
- Use 3-5 tea bags in 2 cups of water.
- Either apply the cooled tea alone, or mix it with a conditioner.
- To conceal grey hairs, mix in fresh or dried sage to help open hair follicle.
- Leave on for at least 1 hour or overnight for more colour.
- Wash with warm water.
If you’re a coffee drinker, you maybe already have some in your kitchen! If you want to go darker without all the chemicals, coffee is the perfect replacement for hair dye. Here’s just how:
- Make a strong organic coffee, espresso if you have it.
- Let it cool.
- Mix 2 cups of leave-in conditioner with 2 tablespoons of organic coffee grounds and 1 cup of cold-brewed coffee.
- Rub on to your hair and leave it in for 1 hour.
- Rinse with apple cider vinegar to help it last longer.